Recipe by Veghead
From Cooking.com website, republished from "Chicken - Cooking with Style".
Top Review by Wickedgood@Maine
This was different - I used canned pumpkin (2 cans make 3 cups). The flavor was great, and the herbed cream sauce perfectly complimented this. But - I cooked it for an extra 20 min (even turning the oven to 425 last 20 min) and it still wasn't firm. I might try to tweak the proportions of flour and egg next time to make it firmer. Flavor is worth the effort.
- 3 cups pumpkin, cooked & mashed
- 1 lb cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
For herbed cream sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the Baked Chicken and Pumpkin Slice ingredients in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared dish and smooth over the top. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes, or until firm.
- Herbed Cream Sauce:.
- While the chicken and pumpkin mixture is baking, heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the garlic and cook, stirring, until the garlic is lightly browned. Add the wine and stock and simmer, uncovered, until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Add the cream and herbs and stir until hot; season with salt and white pepper.
- Cut the baked chicken and pumpkin mixture into small diamond shapes, divide between warmed serving dishes and spoon over the Herbed Cream Sauce.
- This recipe can be made a day ahead and kept covered, separately, in the refrigerator. The baked chicken and pumpkin mixture is suitable for freezing.