Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a deliciously simple recipe that goes well with a rice pilaf and salad.
Make and share this Baked Chicken and Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, cut-up (in 8 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place sliced onions and chicken pieces in a 9 x 13 baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on top of onions; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, tossing onions and basting chicken occasionally, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with the tip of a sharp paring knife, 35 - 40 minutes. Serve hot.
My Mom makes turkey and chicken this way but we make a paste out of the salt, pepper, paprika and we add garlic powder. I also stuff the onion (and sometimes and apple too) into the chicken cavity when making a whole chicken. Delicious!