Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite of my hubby's. Adapted from Light and Tasty.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Actually, surprisingly delicious. Flavor isn't too heavy andI substituted green onions for yellow onions and also used queso fresco. Reminded me of a light and more savory version of chicken baked with cream of mushroom.
Very Very Good. Thanx.
I did not have mozzarella or green onions so I substituted a mixed ched. and jack with red onions and it was still really good. Now I look forward to trying it the other way!