Recipe by bmcnichol
A favorite of my hubby's. Adapted from Light and Tasty.
Top Review by flyingzukini
Actually, surprisingly delicious. Flavor isn't too heavy andI substituted green onions for yellow onions and also used queso fresco. Reminded me of a light and more savory version of chicken baked with cream of mushroom.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.