1/2 Photos of Baked Chicken and Garlic Orzo
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chris from Kansas's Note:
A delicious one-dish meal that is a good variation from chicken with rice. We really like the orzo pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 3Heat over high heat until hot.
- 4Add chicken breast halves.
- 5Brown meat side down, 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-high; add wine.
- 7Stir with a flat spatula, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan.
- 8Cook 30 seconds or until slightly reduced; set aside.
- 9Spray 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 10Add pasta, onions, garlic, parsley, oregano, chicken broth, water and wine mixture; stir.
- 11Place chicken breasts on top.
- 12Sprinkle lightly with paprika and lemon pepper.
- 13Bake, uncovered, 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 14Remove chicken.
- 15Add salt and olive oil to baking pan; mix well.
- 16Place chicken on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken and Garlic Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 617.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: