Recipe by alyseepoo
These are such a great comfort food!
Top Review by WendyinGermany
This was easy to make and had a good flavour. I was disappointed that the broth did not thicken as is cooked. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will add a "cream of" soup. I also added some diced potatoes to the casserole. This is definitely a comfort dish for me!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 2 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and oil. Gradually stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well into a dough consistency and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of casserole.
- Cover chicken with onion, celery, and carrots. Evenly sprinkle sage and pepper over vegetables; pour broth over dish.
- Using the dough mixture, form 2-inch balls and drop into casserole. Cover tightly and bake for 1 1/2 hours.