Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish is good enough for company. It is an easy dish to make and looks good. The chicken stays very moist.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken stuffing mix or 2 cups Pepperidge Farm herb dressing
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Place chicken in baking dish, sprayed with no-stick spray.
- Put cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
- Mix soup and water and pour over the top.
- Mix melted margarine with dressing and sprinkle on top of cheese.
- Bake 1 hour, uncovered, at 325 F degrees.
This was just wonderful! Very tasty! I like also liked it because it was so easy to prepare. Thank you Miss Annie ; )
Yummy! I made some mashed potatoes and biscuits along with this and it was a hit. I used a can of cream of celery soup AND a can of the cream of chicken, just for a little more gravy. I think next time I make it I might just mix the dressing in with the soup before I pour it over the chicken so the stuffing gets a bit more moist. A good weeknight dinner, not a lot of prep time but a great comforting meal after a long day. Thanks for the post.
This is one everyone will like... I have to admit I was skeptical. I'm not a Swiss cheese fan, but it was very good in this dish. I made a sage dressing with celery, onion, a beaten egg, and a little chicken stock. I sauteed the celery & onion in a 1/3 c butter before mixing with the bread cubes. I didn't add any other margarine or butter. We also used milk in place of the water. We will definitely be making this again.