Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this on another site and I'm posting it for ZWT5 for France. it sound very simple and should be quite delicious.
- 1 cup light beer or 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the beer or wine into a glass baking dish large enough to lay out the chicken. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and oregano on both sides, and place in the dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until juices run clear. While chicken is baking, slice Brie with the rind into 1/4 inch thick slices. When chicken is done, place slices of Brie over the top. Return to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Voila, chicken with Brie sauce is complete!
Kind of bland and we couldn't really taste the wine - I don't think I'l make again.
This is one dish we defiately enjoyed !! Looking for something simple tonight and this fit the bill !! DS asked that this be a regular for us, I agreed !! Great flavors, tender, loved the brie . Made for recipe swap #31.
I was looking for a fast and easy meal to make last night and this could not have been more suitable. It was rich and tasty to boot. DH liked it as well as said he would like it to go into "the rotation." I used sauvingon blanc and followed the directions as posted. Thanks for a nice, easy meal.