We've been making this chicken for years and everyone enjoys it. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1981)
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish big enough to hold chicken in one layer.
- In a pie dish combine the 1/4 cup melted butter with lemon juice.
- In a pie dish combine cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Dip chicken pieces in butter/lemon mixture than roll them in the breadcrumb mixture and arrange in prepared dish.
- Drizzle remaining butter over chicken and then sprinkle with paprika and sesame seeds.
- Bake for one hour, basting frequently and turning chicken halfway through cooking time.
Made this recipe for dinner this evening & it was just great, & I'll definitely make it again, SOON! I used 4 chicken breasts. I started with the breasts bottom-side up & added more of the breadcrumbs just before sprinkling with paprika. Then, after 30 minutes, I turned the breasts over, basted with melted butter, sprinkled more breadcrumbs over each one & then added the sesame seeds. I was extremely pleased with the outcome! Many thanks for this great recipe.
Made this for lunch this afternoon. It was wonderful. I didn't have the seeds but I really didn't miss them. I found the lemon and parm combo to be in excellent balance. I did cut back on the butter a bit by omitting the 2 tbsp drizzle. It was perfect alongside a green salad.
We really enjoyed this chicken, I used 3 bone in, skin on chicken breast halves and I really think it would have been nicer with boneless skinless chicken breasts, so next time I will try it that way. The combo of flavors was really nice and I will double the butter and lemon juice next time, so the chicken cooks in it a little more. I used garlic and herb bread crumbs. Thanks Ellie!