Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This chicken recipe is so easy, I hesitated in posting it. But I couldn't find it posted here, and it's so good, I thought I'd share it. It's my favorite way to bake chicken because it's moist and tender every time and the flavor is delicious!
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone and skin
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon Season-All salt (I use McCormick's)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken breast under cool running water.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in dish.
- Brush the melted butter over the chicken, using all the butter.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- ~NOTE~Chicken takes only 50 minutes in my oven.
- Don't over cook, as they might turn out tough.
OMG! This chicken was so freaking awesome! I made it exactly to recipe and then at the end of cooking I mopped the chicken real good with BBQ sauce and finished cooking it for about 10 mins. When I took it out it smelled SO good! The skin was brown and crispy and with the BBQ sauce it tasted almost as good as grilled. It was very tender and moist inside too. I used Mrs. Dash regular seasoning quite liberally instead of the other seasoning mentioned. One note...be sure to line your pan with tin foil as it gets kind of messy. Also watch your chicken from getting too brown before its cooked. Just put tin foil over it so it doesnt burn. If you're going to add the BBQ sauce, dont cover it or it will steam and all your yummy crispy skin will pull off the meat.
I passed on the patting dry the chicken and I realized it is an important step because when i do pat it down it is really crispy! Thanks for posting an easy recipe!
A nice healthy change for my capillaries since they were beginning to scream for mercy. Oh, this falls under my 10 reasons why I love Recipezaar. Reason #1 I'm loaded with enough recipes to last me the rest of my life, but that doesn't stop me from continuously searching for the next 5 star recipe that will swoon my family. Swooning's a good thing. At the peek of their zombie-like state I can easily persuade them to do dishes and put out the garbage...and if I'm lucky, maybe, rake the leaves. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.