Recipe by ~Leslie~
A great appetizer with an awesome presentation. Garlic lovers may want to increase the amount of garlic. Enjoy!
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 1 loaf focaccia bread or 1 loaf French bread, heated
- 6 ounces soft feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil, cut chiffonade
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep garlic in olive oil at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and stem tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, pour olive oil and garlic over and toss lightly. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut feta cheese into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place Feta and basil in serving dish.
- Pour tomato mixture over chunks of cheese and slivered basil.
- Stir gently.
- Serve with bread to mop up juices.