Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great appetizer with an awesome presentation. Garlic lovers may want to increase the amount of garlic. Enjoy!
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 1 loaf focaccia bread or 1 loaf French bread, heated
- 6 ounces soft feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil, cut chiffonade
- Steep garlic in olive oil at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and stem tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, pour olive oil and garlic over and toss lightly. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut feta cheese into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place Feta and basil in serving dish.
- Pour tomato mixture over chunks of cheese and slivered basil.
- Stir gently.
- Serve with bread to mop up juices.
Made half a recipe with fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden. Think I added too much feta so will measure next time. Served with Recipe #219304. Yummy.
Love these tomatoes. We've been going easy on the bread since Christmas, so served them over an undressed green salad instead. Cut back on the oil (used 1/2 cup) and added a slosh of balsamic vinegar. I will make these often. Thanks so much for posting such a useful recipe.
ZWT6: Delicious and simple with everyday ingredients (in my house). Served alongside of Recipe#113404