Recipe by Sheri Baby
This is fantastic recipe from Vintagevictuals.com, this lady is awesome! My husband absolutely loved it! I didn't see anything like this on here so I thought I would post it on here so everyone could try this delicious recipe. I usually serve this with corn, cheesy potatoes and a biscuit. Yum! Yum! You can also try this recipe with any of the other varieties of the Cheez-its, the cheddar jack and the spicy ones are also really good too. So try them out! :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheez-It crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease an oven safe dish that the chicken will fit inches.
- Rinse your chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towel.Very important that you dry the chicken breasts before preparing them, if the chicken isn't dry the seasonings will not stick and neither will the sour cream mixture. Season on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. In a shallow dish, combine the sour cream and buttermilk. Arrange the crushed Cheez-Its in a second shallow dish. Dip each chicken breast into the sour cream mixture, then into the Cheez-Its so that they adhere and form a crust. Place the chicken in your prepared baking dish, leaving about 1 inch between the breasts.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.