Recipe by Andy Jewell
Another cracking starter "discovered" from holidays in Greece. Prawns with cheese sound like a real "no-no" but in truth the salty Feta goes together wonderfully with the prawns. You can use shrimp large or small as well as prawns for this dish, but if you are using cooked rather than raw reduce the cooking time or the prawns will go tough.
Top Review by Latchy
These were good, I followed the recipe exactly. I found they tood about 20mins to cook but I did have them in one dish. I served them over some polenta to seep up the juices. I think I would add some chilli next time.
- 1 lb shelled prawns (defrosted if frozen)
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 4 -5 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and thyme as a marinade and pour over the prawns in a shallow dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for ½ an hour or so.
- Pre-heat the oven to maximum!
- Mix the remaining ingredients Divide the prawns and marinade into 4 or 5 individual, shallow, fireproof dishes.
- Sprinkle over the remaining ingredients Bake in the oven until sizzling.
- Serve immediately with plenty of crusty French bread to mop up the juices.