Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am in my "I've got to lose ten pounds phase again." Hence the recent spate of light and low fat recipes from me. Yes, I've got a split personality, I post a lot of great tasting Southwestern Dishes that are not low fat also. These are low fat clones of the famous potato skin appetizers served at many restaurants. Enjoy at home without the guilt.
- 4 medium potatoes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Bake potatoes at 425 for 1 hour or until done.
- Cut potatoes in half length wise.
- Make sure they are cool enogh to handle and scoop out potato, but leave an 1/4 inch shell.
- Place potato shells on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes until crisp.
- Cook bacon, chop and set aside.
- Divide cheese into 8 equal parts and sprinkle into potato skins.
- Sprinkle Bacon into shells with melted cheese (If cheese does not melt, you may have to heat an additional 5 minutes at 425 degrees.)
- Place a dollop of sour cream on top of each potato boat and sprinkle with chives.
These were great!!!! Only thing I did different was when I baked them the second time, after spraying with cooking spray I sprinkled some lightly with toasted onion powder, some with garlic powder and some with smoked paprkika then went on as directed! My DH, who is not a fan of baked potato, really enjoyed these! Thanks for posting this!
Yum! We don't have all these low-fat and fat free options available here, and honestly, I don't think I would use them anyway, so I made these not so light style. It is a decent recipe anyhow you make it. Added plenty salt and pepper.