Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Fantastic dip for any get together. Great way to sneak veggies into the picky ones! Adjust the veggies to use what you like, what you have or just what you think would be good. The meat here is very optional. Make this veggie friendly by omitting it all together. Make it carnivore friendly by adding the meat option. Really ANY meat ground or chopped would work here. Enjoy!
Top Review by SweetsLady
Absolutely delish! I halved the recipe, omitted the mushrooms, and then used turkey bacon, light mayo, and a bag of mexican cheese instead of the cheddar and mozerella. The kids were digging in without knowing what was in it. :D Thanks for the great recipe! I can't believe it hasn't been tried before now.
- 4 green onions
- 4 ounces mushrooms, cleaned
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, any color
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces black olives (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled (optional) or 1 lb ground sausage, browned and drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop, mince, dice or slice veggies to your desired size and shape. I like to chop everything and mince the garlic with my garlic press.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and bell pepper until soft and onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add mayo, mozzarella, cheddar and chopped olives and meat if using. Stir to combine.
- Scoop all into an 8x8 glass pan or similar size oven proof dish. Bake at 350°F until melted and dip-like (is that a word?) About 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy on corn chips, tortilla chips or crackers.
- Feel free to adjust amount and type of veggies to your taste. Just keep the cheese and mayo mixture the same.
- Some other great veggies to add or substitute would be seeded tomatoes, zucchini, artichokes, hot peppers, etc.