Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice dish for a brunch. It's important to use fresh (not dried) tarragon.
Make and share this Baked Cheesy Eggs With Leeks and Tarragon recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly grease/spray a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter; sauté the chopped leeks until they are tender. Place sautéed leeks into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 cup ONLY of Havarti and the parmesan cheese over the leeks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cream, tarragon, salt, pepper and paprika; whisk until well beaten.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish over the cheese layer.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Havarti and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Outstanding! Very delicious and hearty! Love the combo of leeks and fresh tarragon. I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a 8 x 8 dish, and it worked fine. I used havarti, as written, but would like to try it with Gruyere also.
Chosen for ZWT game, we enjoyed this for a weekend Sunday brunch, I made this using provolone cheese, and that worked very well, If you love onions, this is a must-try! so good Parsley! thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)