Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
Tasty cheese slices crumbed and baked, served with a piquant red pepper sauce. Lovely for a light lunch or brunch. From "Creative Family Favourites", Frances Cleary
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made for a good football snack. The sauce was very nice, the cheese was nice too. I slightly overcooked..my mistake, though the cheese was still pretty good, I had most of the overcooked ones. Made for FYC.
- 350 g log goat cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 115 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 45 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven, 450F/230C/Gas Mark 8.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic, red peppers and thyme, and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the pepper mixture into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan. Stir in the tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place each slice of cheese between two pieces of greaseproof paper. With the flat side of a large knife, flatten slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and parmesan cheese. Pour the mixture onto a plate.
- Dip the cheese rounds in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture, coating well on all sides. Place on an ungreased baking tray.
- Bake the cheese until golden, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, gently reheat the sauce.
- To serve, spoon some sauce on four heated plates. Place the baked cheese slices on top (three per serving), and garnish with parsley. Pass the remaining sauce.