Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This serves 12 so I have always just used a third of the ingredients (e.g one egg, 2 oz sugar etc) thats always worked for me....enjoy!
- 225 g digestive biscuits (8 oz)
- 110 g butter (4 oz)
- 700 g curd cheese (cream cheese, 1 1/2 lb)
- 3 eggs
- 175 g sugar (6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- fresh fruit
- Pre-heat oven to 300f or 150°C.
- a 9 Inch tin about 2-3 inches deep with a loose base.
- Melt butter in saucepan, then stir in biscuits, transfer to cake tin and press down evenly.
- Now combine eggs, cheese and sugar together till they form a smooth thick cream, then mix in vanilla essence. Pour over the biscuit base smoothing it out evenly --
- Cook cheesecake for 30 minutes on the centre shelf then turn off oven and leave it to get quite cold in the oven. then chill for at least two hours -- .
this is honest to god the best cheesecake recipe i have ever made! it was so creamy and yummy, i just wish it wasn't so filling!! i made it for my sisters birthday party and it was talked about for WEEKS!! everyone i knew was asking for the recipe! so i would just like to say thank you!!