Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
An awesome-tasting, wonderfully-textured cheesecake that my family loves. It's easy to make and just as delicious as any restaurant cheesecake that I've had. From Cristina Ferrare's Family Entertaining Cookbook (1998)
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (or 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract which is what I use)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh berries (garnish)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter; press mixture into the bottom of a 10" springform pan; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar together (in a food processor or with a medium-speed electric mixer) until smooth; add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition; add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla; blend well; pour filling over the crust and spread evenly.
- Lay a sheet of aluminum foil that has been bent up slightly to form a "foil tent" over the top of pan and not touching cheesecake (this is to prevent overbrowning) then bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes (remove foil tent after 50-55 minutes) or until top is set.
- Combine sour cream and sugar; remove cheesecake from oven and immediately spread sour cream mixture over its top; return cheesecake to oven for 5 minutes to set topping; remove from oven.
- Cool cheesecake on wire rack; cover and refrigerate to chill thoroughly.
- Just before serving remove sides of springform pan and transfer cheesecake to serving platter; garnish cheesecake with berries (we like chilled cherry pie filling on top) and serve.
- OPTIONAL: Just before pressing the graham crust into the bottom of the springform pan, spray the pan's inner sides with a little no-stick cooking spray, sprinkle a spoonful of combined graham cracker crumbs and sugar into the pan, then tilt and spread that mixture around so that it sticks to the coated sides and later adds to the visual appeal of your finished cheesecake.
I made this for my son's birthday cake was very good ?I didn't put the sour cream topping on it just put a can of chilled cherry pie filling on top. Everyone loved it!
This is the best baked cheesecake recipe I've ever used! Always a hit! My family loves blueberry so we use the blueberry pie filling on top! It's so easy and quick and tastes out of this world!!!
I go back to this simple recipe time and time again. Quick, easy and delicious!