Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Baked Cheese Toast (gruyere or Swiss) recipe from Food.com.
- Butter bread and place butter-side down in 12x8" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with about 2 tbsp milk.
- Combine remaining milk, cheese, egg yolks, kirsch and seasonings; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peak forms; fold into cheese and milk mixture.
- Pour mixture over bread in baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.