Recipe by Lainey6605
A tasty appetizer recipe I got from my mother-in-law. These can be served hot or cold.
Top Review by KelBel
WOW WOW WOW! These are amazing! I am making them right now for a party I am having tonight, and I tried one, and boy are they good! I used large olives that had about 40 to a can, so I doubled the remaining ingredients. I used a garlic/onion flavored almond and reduced fat mexican blend cheese. You need to work the dough together completely. Originally, I only got 15 out of the first batch, but took a little dough off of each and was able to make the last 5. Roll them in the palm of your hand to make a tastey little appetizer. Will make these again and again! Thanks Lainey!
- 20 -25 large pitted black olives
- 20 -25 roasted salted almonds
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stuff each olive with almond; set aside.
- Cream together cheese and butter.
- Add flour and pepper.
- Knead until fairly smooth.
- Mold dough around each olive (just enough to cover olive).
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Store in air-tight container.