Gail K's Note:
These delightful little finger foods will have your guests begging for the recipe; that is how I got it! Perfect for a cocktail party. Make sure you allow enough time for the olives to drain really well, so they don't come out soggy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Well before you plan to serve, drain olives in colander.
- 2Mix flour and cayenne together.
- 3Blend butter and cheese together with a fork.
- 4Blend in flour mixture (I used a pastry blender, or you could use two knives).
- 5Add cold water, a teaspoon or so at a time, until a dough forms.
- 6Wrap a tablespoon or so of dough around each olive, and roll between palms; place on a cookie sheet.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- 8Serve warm.
- 9Hint: You can make these ahead according to the recipe and freeze. To reheat: place frozen olives on cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Browse Our Top Potluck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potluck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cheese Pastry Olives
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives