Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a pamphlet - Betty Crocker Holiday #123 November 1996.
- 9 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- sour cream, if desired
- chopped fresh tomato, if desired
- chopped green onion, if desired
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1 1/2-inches, or square baking dish, 8x8x2-inches.
- Beat eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, the mustard, garlic salt and pepper sauce in medium bowl.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until omelet is set and top is golden brown.
- Top each serving with sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet:.
- Stir 1/2 cup finely chopped ham into egg mixture.
- Do-Ahead Tip:.
- After pouring egg mixture into baking dish, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.