Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy Denver type omelet that is BAKED in the oven- no flipping! So you can continue getting ready or enjoy some coffee and the paper instead of slaving over the stove! Found on The Scandinavian Society of Nova Scotia website and altered to my taste.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Beat eggs, water, and salt together.
- Melt the butter in a heavy ovenproof pan and then add the onions, ham and bell pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onion, red pepper and ham mixture and then sprinkle with the cheese cubes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. When the egg is set and the cheese has melted, the omelet is done.
- Garnish with parsley- if desired- and serve.
Bare perfekt! Simply perfect! DH gave it 5 star immediately. Loved it! Besides tasting great, it is so easy. Thank you for sharing a keeper mersaydees. Am definitely making this again. Made for Unrulies Under the Influence during tour of Scandanavia ZWT6.
This is really, really good. I omitted the ham (only because I didn't have any) and it was still wonderful. I look forward to making this with ham, bacon, sausage, etc. and trying different veggies and cheeses. Thanks for a fabulous and versatile one-dish meal.
Perfect! Made half the recipe, omitted the ham since I do not eat ham and added some artichoke hearts instead. I also added about a teaspoon of Italian seasoning and scattered some sliced black olives over the omelet. It fluffed up in the oven, baked for about 15 minutes and meanwhile I made a green salad to go with the omelet. It all turned out almost like a pizza. Next time I will try with mozzarella cheese and maybe some anchovy and mushrooms.
This is very versatile (as is almost every omelet) and it is just so easy to have it baked in the oven!
Thanks for posting.