Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch. I usually make it the night before, refrigerate it, and then bake it before serving.
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan.
- Add grits and salt and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add cheeses, bacon, butter, garlic, black pepper, and hot sauce; stir well.
- Stir in eggs and pour into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake about 50 minutes.
- May refrigerate up to 24 hours before baking.
These grits were enjoyable, but came out way too salty for me. Even though they had alot of cheese in them they didn't taste cheesy, just very salty. Nevertheless, they weren't that bad and I will probably make them again with a few modifications.
My husband loved this. I added bacon and sausage and made a meal of it. Thanks for posting. This was very good.
These are the best grits I've ever eaten!! I will be making them frequently.