- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grits, use quick cooking grits
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F degrees and lightly grease a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Bring milk and water to boil in a large heavy saucepan over high heat.
- Slowly stir in grits and continue stirring until they start to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until thick (4-6 minutes), Stir often.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Make sure to keep stirring until well blended and smooth.
- Pour into dish.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, 35- 40 minutes.