Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was inspired by a favorite appetizer at a restaurant. A quick and easy guilty pleasure!
Make and share this Baked Cheese Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 283.49 g package frozen french fries
- 113.39 g processed cheese, product (like Velveeta)
- 14.79 ml milk
- 2 slice bacon or 2 slice vegetarian bacon, cooked
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ranch dressing, to taste
- Prepare french fries according to package directions.
- While fries are cooking, chop bacon, jalapeno, and tomatoes. Prepare the jalapeno according to your tastes - remove and discard seeds and ribs, if you prefer it less hot, or leave them in, if you like.
- Combine cheese product and milk in a microwaveable container and follow package directions to melt in microwave, stirring occasionally during heating process.
- When fries are ready, place on a serving platter and drizzle with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with the bacon, jalapeno and tomatoes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
WOW! These fries were so amazing! Who knew you could dress up store bought frozen fries and make them taste this great! These are a must try! We ate them all when I remembered I didn't take a photo. Made for Veg 'n Swap tag.
O.M.G. This was so good! I added a bit of ground red pepper to the cheese sauce and a little spicy taco seasoning to the ranch! Wow! My mom and I gobbled these right up! Thanks for posting!
I can not rate this since I didn't follow exactly. I'm not into Jalapenos or tomatoes but I did melt the cheese over the fries and that was really good. I never tried that before. I think I might add just a small dash of ground red pepper to cheese and use it as a dip for my home made chicken nuggets. Sorry I couldn't rate this but I bet this recipe would be a hit with a lot of people.