Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
WE grew a small white Mohican eggplant this year. They are about 6 inches long. This is an easy, healthy, and very tasty way to prepare them. Panko is a form of breadcrumb. The bottom of the eggplant comes out crispy and dark brown the top is lightly toasted. Try it with standard eggplant let me know how it was.
- Peel eggplant and cut into 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Mix the parmesan and panko on a plate.
- Mix the basil, milk, and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Dredge eggplant in the mayo mix and immediately dredge in cheese mix.
- Grease a baking sheet with spray cooking oil.
- Place the eggplant on the baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 25 minutes.
This is a delightful way to make (and eat) eggplant. My husband said he liked this better than any other, and would happily eat only this recipe. I did use a standard, medium sized eggplant, and mixed the boxed parmesan with grated fresh peccorino romano, and it was so good we got another eggplant and made it again the next week. Thanks, Mooskie, for a real treat! MSME
Big hit here! I used a pkg of Fresh Take breading with panko & cheeses I had on hand and I'd definitely make this again! The recipe is flavorful, crispy, and a creamy eggplant center. Yum! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Oh, my-is this an awesome recipe! So easy, since it's baked (less calories) and the panko makes it soooo crispy. Served with Paul Newman's Marinara over pasta. Delicious! Thanks for posting!-Set. 12, 2007 UPDATE: Made these again; so good and a tasty way to make eggplant-lovers out of you and your family. I added some garlic powder this time; thanks to Eox review.