Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 500 g fresh cheese (1 pound) or 500 g feta (1 pound)
- 1 cup mixed aromatic herbs, finely chopped (for example mint, oregano, dill or you can also use just one herb)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup potato, flakes (for puree)
- salt, to taste (if using unsalted cheese)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -3 tablespoon wine, if necessary (if your cheese is to dry)
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Mash cheese with a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Combine well.
- Divide the mixture into 40 parts and shape into small balls.
- Coat with sesame seeds and place on oiled baking tin.
- Bake in moderate heat (180°C/350°F) for about 15 minutes until the sesame is slightly toasted.
These were soooo good, and so easy to put together! I thought these would burn, but they didn't. For the herbs I used parsley and dill, and they were such a nice combination with the feta cheese. I will be enjoying these again in the future.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #82" Used parsley and dill -- dried, not fresh -- we were having a mini-blizzard ! May well have made a difference, but made the balls larger, and baked 5 minutes longer. Flavor was really good, but consistency a tad mushy. Very tasty with crackers -- and will do again according to recipe !! Thanks for posting, awalde.
Wow, these were terrific little jewels of flavor. I loved them, the texture and the flavor were perfect, I was sorry that I only made half the batch. For the herb mixture I used mint and oregano and I did use a little white wine. Thank you for sharing this recipe Awalde, I will definitely be making these again. I know my son is going to love them also.