- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Md, Shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 large eggs, Well Beaten
- 12 slices bread, White
Directions See How It's Made
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the cream, cheddar, white pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir over hot water until the cheese melts and the mixture is well blended.
- Remove from the heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Generously butter a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut the bread slices diagonally and dip each triangle into the cheddar mixture.
- Place 1/2-inch apart on the baking sheet and bake until browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.