Top Review by Ann Stone
These are absolutely delicious BUT labor intensive! The dough is difficult to hold together and wrap around the olives. Kinda like making a pie crust. I was only able to make 16 not 24. Not sure if it was worth all the effort. Wish there was an easier way. but mmmmmmmmmmm......good.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 pimento stuffed olives (a 3.1 oz. jar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain olives and pat dry with towels.
- Combine cheese and butter in a bowl.
- Add flour and cayenne and blend until well mixed.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons onto wax paper and wrap or mold each piece of dough around an olive, covering it completely.
- Bake the wrapped olives on a baking sheet in the middle of a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.