Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on the recipe from the Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olive label.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 36 mezzetta garlic-stuffed olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend the flour and paprika; add the cheese and softened butter and blend into a smooth dough.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball, then flatten into a disk.
- Take a single olive and place in the middle of one disk, place another on top of it, run a wet finger around the edge and seal; place wrapped olive on a lightly oil-sprayed baking sheet and repeat until you've used all the dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or cooled.
- You can also make these with pieces of dough from refrigerator biscuits, and placing grated cheese inside the wrap with the olive.