Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers or 2 cups cheddar cheese crackers or 2 cups cheese nips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 lbs uncooked chicken tenders
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 475°F with the rack in the lower third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush it with the olive oil.
- Pulse the cheddar crackers in a food processor until finely ground, or alternately, place the crackers in a plastic bag, seal it and use a rolling pin to crush the crackers. Transfer the crackers to a wide, shallow bowl and stir in the paprika.
- In a separate wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs with the Dijon mustard. Place the flour in a third wide, shallow bowl.
- Bread each tender by coating it in the flour, shaking off any excess, and then dipping it in the eggs. Transfer the tender from the eggs to the crackers, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to ensure an even coating, and then placing the tender on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the breading process with the remaining tenders, arranging them in a single layer about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the tenders, turning them over once, until they're golden brown, about 15 minutes total.