Recipe by Sharon123
A great basic recipe! I have added more veggies to the original recipe. Try adding other veggies, like grated carrot, cooked caulifower, etc. You could also make this with quinoa instead of rice. Next time I'm going to place fried onion rings on top and add chopped garlic. Have fun in the kitchen! Adapted from Day Dream Kitchen.
- 473.18 ml vegetable stock (or cooking liquid of choice)
- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 283.49 g package broccoli florets, thawed (or use fresh broccoli, steamed)
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml scallion, sliced thin
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 78.07 ml ranch dressing (or use sour cream or yogurt and Dijon mustard)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided (or your favourite cheese)
- 2.46 ml salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in vegetable broth according to package directions(simmer 40-45 minutes).
- Move cooked rice to a bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, but only use 1/2 of the cheese.
- Grease a 8 cup muffin tray and make 8 balls. Place in muffin tins. Sprinkle the rest of cheese on top.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes and bake at 350 degrees – until golden and crisp.
- To reheat these you could place them in a brown paper bag. Lightly wet the bag and put in 300*F oven until the bag dries out and the cups are nice and hot and not dried out, about 5 minutes.