1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
A great basic recipe! I have added more veggies to the original recipe. Try adding other veggies, like grated carrot, cooked caulifower, etc. You could also make this with quinoa instead of rice. Next time I'm going to place fried onion rings on top and add chopped garlic. Have fun in the kitchen! Adapted from Day Dream Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or cooking liquid of choice)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli florets, thawed (or use fresh broccoli, steamed)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing (or use sour cream or yogurt and Dijon mustard)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided (or your favourite cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1Cook rice in vegetable broth according to package directions(simmer 40-45 minutes).
- 2Move cooked rice to a bowl.
- 3Mix in the rest of the ingredients, but only use 1/2 of the cheese.
- 4Grease a 8 cup muffin tray and make 8 balls. Place in muffin tins. Sprinkle the rest of cheese on top.
- 5Put in the oven for 25 minutes and bake at 350 degrees – until golden and crisp.
- 6To reheat these you could place them in a brown paper bag. Lightly wet the bag and put in 300*F oven until the bag dries out and the cups are nice and hot and not dried out, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cheddar-Broccoli Rice Cups
Serving Size: 1 (893 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 373.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: