This is a good side dish, or main for veggies.
Make and share this Baked Cheddar and Tomato Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4.
- Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole and cook onion and red pepper for about 5 mins until golden and softened.
- ~Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the rice and when fully coated with oil add the stock and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Scatter the cheese over, cover and bake in oven for about 30 minutes till rice is tender.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- For Vegetarian use the 1 liter vegetable stock not the Chicken stock.