1/1 Photo of Baked Cheddar and Tomato Rice
Patchwork Dragon's Note:
This is a good side dish, or main for veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4.
- 2Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole and cook onion and red pepper for about 5 mins until golden and softened.
- 3~Add garlic and cook another minute.
- 4Stir in the rice and when fully coated with oil add the stock and tomatoes.
- 6Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- 7Scatter the cheese over, cover and bake in oven for about 30 minutes till rice is tender.
- 8Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 9For Vegetarian use the 1 liter vegetable stock not the Chicken stock.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cheddar and Tomato Rice
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 527.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 19.1 g