Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Pasta and Sauce with Pepperoni
Top Review by Idamae
I've served this many times and my oldest son makes it for his family on a daily basis.. We do add some green pepper and onion. We also use twists and shells in place of the penne. We do not mix in the pepperoni, but layer it on top of the casserole. It is yummy.
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce, thick and chunky
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced and juices drained
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushroom, juices drained
- 2 cups pepperoni, finely chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease or Spray a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into the casserole dish then bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Note: Sugar takes out the bitter taste of the tomatoes, but can be omitted.
- Serve with a Salad and French Bread and Enjoy.
- This can also be made ahead and frozen for up to a week in advance.