Recipe by conniecooks
This is incredible. Another great way to cook cauliflower.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 7/3/09 for mine and SO's dinner. I sort of made this as it was written. We don't really care for the bread crumbs so those were left off, and extra sharp cheese was added. It came out a little bit on the " watery " side. But it was only o.k., but thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 cauliflower, medium size
- 1 cup finely chopped ham
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate cauliflower into flowerets (small pieces).
- Cook till barely tender about 5 minute.
- Drain very well.
- Treat an 8" x8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread a layer of cauliflower in dish nestle about half the ham in all the nooks & crannies.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper, and 1/2 the parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layer.
- Mix egg, sour cream, onion & tomato paste.
- Pour over the top.
- Mix melted butter with crumbs and spread over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 20 -30 min until golden.