Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is incredible. Another great way to cook cauliflower.
- 1 cauliflower, medium size
- 1 cup finely chopped ham
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Separate cauliflower into flowerets (small pieces).
- Cook till barely tender about 5 minute.
- Drain very well.
- Treat an 8" x8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread a layer of cauliflower in dish nestle about half the ham in all the nooks & crannies.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper, and 1/2 the parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layer.
- Mix egg, sour cream, onion & tomato paste.
- Pour over the top.
- Mix melted butter with crumbs and spread over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 20 -30 min until golden.
I made this recipe on 7/3/09 for mine and SO's dinner. I sort of made this as it was written. We don't really care for the bread crumbs so those were left off, and extra sharp cheese was added. It came out a little bit on the " watery " side. But it was only o.k., but thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
A very good combination! I used a mix of parmesan cheese and feta cheese, and that was just wonderful! As I mixed the sour cream sauce, I didn't think it seemed like enough, so I added almost an additional cup of (light) sour cream. In the future, I would double the entire sauce and spresd some over the first layer as well as over the entire casserole. I'll also definitely use the combination of feta and parmesan again. You should try that! Thanx for sharing.