Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a good main dish for meatless days.
Top Review by Tisme
I followed this recipe exactly as written, and we really enjoyed this as a family with our roast dinner.<br/>A little different to cauliflower in cheese sauce that we usually have and love, so it was interesting to see what the comments would be....... and it was thumbs up all round!<br/>Thanks morgainegeiser for a great and different way to use cauliflower.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, finely grated dry pumpernickel
- 2 3⁄4 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄3 cups light cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- boiling salt water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cream, egg yolks, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Break the cauliflower into flowerets. Cover with boiling salted water. Cook until tender. Drain. Put the cauliflower into a heavily buttered shallow baking dish.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the cauliflower. Dribble the melted butter over the cheese mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is crusty and brown.