Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love to eat cauliflower made this way.
Make and share this Baked Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until onion is tender.
- Add the cauliflower, salt, pepper, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I recently tried a very similar recipe given to me by a friend. The only difference was the addition of 1/8 tsp nutmeg to be added in Step 2. I liked the addition of the nutmeg which brightened up the dish and added just a little something different and unexpected, but this recipe would be good without it. I also steamed some fresh cauliflower instead of using frozen and reduced the amount of butter and oil by about half for health reasons. Thanks for posting this recipe. I will definitely keep it and use it many times in the future.
This is a great cauliflower side dish. It's not smothered in a cream or cheese sauce, so you really get the great flavor of the cauliflower, onions and garlic. And then there's still the melted cheese on top.... Mmmmm! I used 1 tbsp of butter in place of the 2 tbsp olive oil, but otherwise no changes were made. Thanx for a nice new way to serve one of my favorite veggies!