Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon onion, Grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Arrange fish on baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In small bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold in sour cream, onion, garlic, mustard and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
- Spoon some of mixture on top of each fillet.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until fish is opaque or skewer glides easily through flesh.
- Meanwhile in small saucepan melt butter.
- Blend in flour until smooth.
- Stir in milk, hourseradish and remaining 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Serve over fish.
This wasn't a favorite of mine. I thought the Catfish was to mushy. The sauce was very good and will use it on another kind of fish.
Really enjoyed your recipe! We don't get catfish here so I used New Zealand Blue Hoki (Haki) and it was enjoyed by all. The horseradish sauce has just enough flavor and I will make this for other recipes too. Thanks