Recipe by Christina P.
These are sooo yummy! They taste almost like fried catfish because of the cornmeal, and come out nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The ranch dressing adds a real zing, too!
Top Review by burtcook1
GREAT EASY RECIPE. if you like more spice put in a little more pepper and basil. if you use seasoned cast iron pans as the baking dishes with a little pam and pre heat the pans in the oven up to temp, the fish will not stick. I didn't turn the fillets over and they were perfectly cooked in 15 min. (I've found that glass baking dishes tend to stick the food but pre heating helps.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 29.58 ml light ranch salad dressing
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 88.74 ml yellow cornmeal
- 59.16 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1.23 ml red pepper seasoning
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a bowl and combine dry ingredients on a piece of wax paper.
- Spray a glass baking dish with Pam or olive oil.
- Rinse catfish in cool water and DRY THOROUGHLY with paper towels.
- Dip each catfish fillet in wet ingredients and dredge in breading to coat. Just a nice, light covering is enough. Don't try to completely cover in breading.
- Place catfish fillets in glass baking dish & refrigerate for 10 minutes. This step, plus making sure the fillets are very dry before dipping in the egg will help the breading stick to the fish and NOT the pan!
- Bake at 425 for 10 to 12 minutes per side.
- Serve with lemon wedges for garnish.