1/1 Photo of Baked Catfish Fillets
Christina P.'s Note:
These are sooo yummy! They taste almost like fried catfish because of the cornmeal, and come out nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The ranch dressing adds a real zing, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Whisk wet ingredients together in a bowl and combine dry ingredients on a piece of wax paper.
- 3Spray a glass baking dish with Pam or olive oil.
- 4Rinse catfish in cool water and DRY THOROUGHLY with paper towels.
- 5Dip each catfish fillet in wet ingredients and dredge in breading to coat. Just a nice, light covering is enough. Don't try to completely cover in breading.
- 6Place catfish fillets in glass baking dish & refrigerate for 10 minutes. This step, plus making sure the fillets are very dry before dipping in the egg will help the breading stick to the fish and NOT the pan!
- 7Bake at 425 for 10 to 12 minutes per side.
- 8Serve with lemon wedges for garnish.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Catfish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.4
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light ranch salad dressing