- 20 ounces catfish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup cracker meal
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon & herb seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
- Beat egg and water together.
- Combine cracker meal, cheese and seasoning; dip fish fillet in beaten egg then roll in crumb mixture.
- Pour meuniere sauce in shallow baking dish; place fillets in dish, turning once or twice to coat both sides well.
- Bake in oven 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily.