Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this tasty catfish recipe in the Junior League Centennial Cookbook.
- 8 skinned catfish fillets
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- lemon wedge
- parsley sprig
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with oil cooking spray.
- Pat the fish dry.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a shallow bowl and stir well.
- Dip the catfish in the melted butter and roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the fillets in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
YUM! This is delicious!!! I only had Italian Bread Crumbs and no parsley, but it still turned out wonderful. Will definitely be making this again :)
I bought an abundance of catfish nuggets on sale and was looking for something new to do with a package of them. This was a great choice !! I used real butter and followed the recipe exactly as stated.( well, I did cut down the measurement of spices as I use Penzy's spices whih are stronger tham those purchased at the supermarket ) I served this with fresh cooked collard greens which made it an even healthier and attractive meal. Thanks for sharing Hey Jude; this will be a regular at my house !!!!
Looked this up at the last minute. Wanted something quick and easy and this filled the bill. Only used 3 fillets so cut down on the recipe. It was delicious and family said "it's a keeper". Thanks Hey!