I had some Catalina dressing left and an abundance of Roma Tomatoes and needed a side dish to go with buttered noodles. Roma tomatoes are very firm and great to serve after baking.
- In round shallow baking dish spray Pam.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place onion rings on bottom, reserving a few for top.
- Place Roma tomato halves in dish.
- Sprinkle garlic salt over each half.
- In small bowl, mix Catalina dressing, Heinz 57 Sauce and brown sugar. Make sure sugar is dissolved.
- Add reserved onion rings.
- Spoon dressing mix over tomatoes and onions.
- Spoon over tomatoes and onions.
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Serve with slotted spoon. Serve juice with noodles if desired.
- Alternate cooking method: Microwave.
- Cover with plastic wrap. 10 minutes 70% power.
- 5 minutes full power. Careful removing plastic wrap.