Recipe by swissms
From Food Network, courtesy Jamie Oliver. The butter and wine make a fantastic sauce. You can substitute whole carrots sliced at an angle for the baby carrots. Cooked in a foil pouch.
Top Review by invictus
An easy way to cook carrots. Mine could have used a bit more time in the oven, however. They were a bit crunchy still. Unfortunately the rest of the food was done so we ate them that way.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 handful fresh thyme leave
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces Chardonnay wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Tear off about 5 feet of aluminum foil and fold it in half.
- Place the carrots, cumin seeds, thyme leaves, butter, and salt and pepper in the middle of the foil.
- Bring up the sides of the foil and pour in the wine. Fold or scrunch the foil together and seal.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the carrots are tender.