Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My husband likes this with leftover roast beef, its his one request and its lf.
- 2 large carrots, cut in large bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium turnip, cut in large bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium rutabaga, cut in large bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate or 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange carrots, turnip, and rutabaga in 2-quart casserole dish.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle over vegetables.
- Cover vegetables with aluminum foil; bake 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
I made this for a family dinner and it was well received. I used rutabagas, carrots and parsnips, as I didn't have any turnips on hand. I used applesauce and honey, water instead of sherry or veg broth (none of those in the house, either.) I also used orange rind in place of the lemon rind. Very good, healthy recipe for root veggies. Thank you.