Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a truly Irish dessert, which can also be enjoyed as a sweet main course. It is so delicious: moist and tasty. No need for further explanations. Try it out!
- Grate the carrots (the finer the moister the pudding gets) and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine flour, sugar and spices in a bowl. In a second bowl cream the butter. Add to the flour-mixture.
- Add the carrots and the raisins. Blend well.
- Fill into two oven-proof dishes, sprinkle with some sugar and bake for 40-45 minutes (cover after 20 minutes if already browned on top).
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream, whipped cream or custard.
Delicious! A bit on the "fat" side, so will only make as a special treat, but worth being "bad" for. I really liked the coriander in this. I subbed dried cranberries for the raisins.
My family loved this quick tasty dessert. Thanks for posting it!
Great dessert with a wonderful taste. I added a tad bit more carrots. DS and I really enjoyed this delicious desert. Made for Potluck tag.