Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
No need for the candy thermometer with this recipe. My family loves this recipe, I usually only make it as a treat for Christmas. Easy to make
- Melt butter, stir in syrup, brown sugar and salt.*.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.
- constantly, important to dissolve sugar.
- Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and soda.
- Pour over popcorn in roaster and stir to coat evenly.
- Bake in 200° oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
- *Put ingredients in a large pot, when you add the baking soda at the end, it will foam up.
If you are looking for the perfect caramel corn you have found it. What a great recipe, thank you Picco.
Was easy to make. I added toasted pecans to the caramel just before pouring over popcorn. Everyone enjoyed it.