- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 cups popped popcorn (makes a big roaster full)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, stir in syrup, brown sugar and salt.*.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.
- constantly, important to dissolve sugar.
- Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and soda.
- Pour over popcorn in roaster and stir to coat evenly.
- Bake in 200° oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
- *Put ingredients in a large pot, when you add the baking soda at the end, it will foam up.